Monday, December 12, 2011

My New Craft Closet

Living in a little condo I need to make the most out of every square inch.  I thought of turning my bedroom into my craft room but there's several reasons I didn't do this.  My bedroom is upstairs and everything else is downstairs.  I don't hang out in my bedroom.  I'd carry everything back and forth and it would end up downstairs anyway.  My work desk is my dining room table.  There's a nice big window that faces my little backyard so it's a great place to sit and piddle on whatever I'm working on.  


Ideas start running through my head.  Aha, what about my coat closet?  I mean, yes, we get snow where I live but do I need a coat closet?  Nope, not really.  So, convert my coat closet into my craft closet.  Is Lowe's open 24/7?  Should I get out of bed and measure right away and run down to buy shelving?  Hmm, I have two shelves that perhaps will fit.  Now that that's settled get some shut eye.

Today a coat closet - tomorrow a craft closet!

I measure.  I have one set of shelves already in the closet so I measured from the end of them to the closet wall.  Drats, 24 1/2 inches and the shelves I have are 25 inches.  Then I remember this darn pipe that comes out of the wall in the back of the closet.  Now that really put a kink in it all.  O.k. think......  how about taking out the skinny shelves that are already in there and put in the 25 inch shelves -- will there be enough room before that darn pipe coming out of the wall.  Hmmm, yes, I think it will work.  Only it's a bigger job than what I first thought.  Oh well.  Here goes.....

I still couldn't fit everything. 
I guess it is still a coat closet - I hung some hooks on the wall for a few coats.
Closet that goes under the stairs.  More stuff!
What do you think?  This was my big weekend project that stretched into the following week.  You should have seen my house!!  Emptying two closets and stacking it all in the living room.  Oh my.  And I thought I didn't have a lot of stamps..... why, yes, that is a whole shelf of stamps!

Whatever your working on, go on, get your fingers dirty!!!!


6 comments:

Di said...

Great work - every place has potential for crafting storage and you just worked a little miracle! Gonna join in on Wednesday? I hope so! Di xx

Di said...

Hiya - it's Di again. I just read your comment on my blog - and knitwork is just great for WOYWW! xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

whooo what a great idea just love it well done you and love how you think these through in bed like and want to get up and do them right away... when I'm starting to feel organised here will get back to my blogging awol at present love Shaz in oz.x

Jingle said...

This looks fantastic!

Kathy said...

Hello! Great work! I have a couple of closets that I need to tackle to make better use of their space! We have very short winters here and really don't need a closet dedicated to coats either! I have enjoyed my visit and am your newest follower!
Kathy

Scrappekatten said...

I got a new closet in the main bedroom last week. so I was emptiing closets in 3 rooms at one time. It is a lot of work, but when you are finished and everything its in its place - you just feel GREAT!