Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Mom, My Friend

My mother's love for me was so great I have worked hard to justify it.
December 31, 1991, the day my world changed.  It was the end of May when we got the news that my mom had colon cancer.  Six months later she passed away.   I am still heartbroken, still in pain.  Another year of not hearing my mom's laughter or seeing her smile.  Another year of wishing I could talk to her, get advice and tell her what I've done with my life.

That's me on the left and my mom on the right.

Me and mom sitting on the bumper of our VW bug.  
 Oh, and I have a VW bug convertible..... wonder if it's those memories.....
Maybe this is where I get my love of reading?!?


What a beauty


I look at my hands and see hers.  People that knew my mom say that I have the same laugh.  That is one of the BEST compliments I can get.
I know my mom is looking down from above.  I know she knows every move I make, I just wish she was still here, in the flesh.  I miss you mom.




8 comments:

Glenda said...

Such a sweet tribute to your Mother! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

I truely believe that the best friend you could ever have is that of your Mum and that is such a beautiful tribute to your Mum [[hugs]] xx

Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Healthy New Year, I hope that 2012 will be a good year for you all, Luv Karen xxx

Scrappekatten said...

you sure look like your mum, thank you for sharing your toughts. I can see that you also are sitting on some great old photos. Working with old pics gives me great pleasure, it is a journey in your own past. My best LOs is with those pictures I think. Happy New Year from Norway

Legacy of a Single Girl said...

I totally understand how the pain never really leaves. I lost my daddy in 1986 and still to this day miss him so much! How was your Christmas? Mine was better this year than it's been in 5 years...a good sign!
Hugs, Margo

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful tribute to your lovely mother. My mother passed away 7 years ago and it still feels like just yesterday. She was my best friend and I miss her still. Like you, I would give anything to pick up the phone and chat with her again. I don't know how many times over the years I've said to myself 'must tell mum that'!! Your photos would make lovely heritage scrap pages. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth x

Di said...

How ever did I miss this beautiful tribute to your Mum - it brought tears to my eyes. Written from the heart for sure - all I can say is that I suspect that your Mum lives on in you and in the things you say and do. Sending hugs! Di xx

Mary Ann Tate said...

Beautiful tribute:) My mum passed away Dec 30, 2003. I really miss her too.

Barb King said...

That is a lovely photo of your Mom reading. So sweet and the light is soft and subtle. This is a beautiful rememberance post, I can tell you love her very much. My mom has been gone for quite a few years, and my dad for 33 years, still miss them every day, so lots of feeling were coming back as I make that tag with my dad on it. Thanks for your comment. Hugs,
Barb