Saturday, September 1, 2012

Project Pinterest --- What Do You Get When.....

you go to the thrift store and find a perfect pair of little white candlesticks?  I knew from the moment I saw them what I was going to do.  At the same thrift store I found an old plate - isn't it cool!
Look at the detail on the plate -- too cute!
Do you have an idea to what I'm going to do?
I glued the plate to the bottom of the candlestick because I thought the little scalloped edge would look nice on the bottom - does that make sense?  I followed the directions on the 9001 glue.  I added glue to the candlestick and placed it on the plate for a few seconds then you remove it.  Let the glue set for a few minutes and then I returned the candlestick to it's location.  The glue says it takes a full 24 hours to fully set.


Isn't this the sweetest thing you've seen!  I was going to rush out and buy some baked goods but I decided you can use your imagination and put whatever gooey goodness you want right there in the center!  The plate has a very slight blue tint to it.


This is what inspired me.  I loved using the finds from the thrift store.  The vintage look is what I was striving for.  For a more modern feel you could buy plates and something with a more modern style for the base. 
Original source HERE
Every time I look at pinterest I find something that just blows me away.   The world is full of talented people.  Linking this post with Project Pinterest.



Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
* From now on to be considered a "Featured Pinner" you need to add the Project Pinterest button to your blog please.
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!
 


Peace,
Kay

12 comments:

SandeeNC said...

This is awesome, and wouldn't it look great with some of your darling jewlery on it at a craft fair? You did a fabulous job, and no worries, link it up to Project Pinterest on the 10th!! I'll remind you ;) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Di said...

How brilliant Kay! Seems like your thrift stores could be fun :) Hugs, Di xx

Redanne said...

Amazing what you can get at a thrift store! I love what you have done with your bargains and very on trend at the moment too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Brenda Brown said...

Love your creativity Kay, a fabulous make.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} xox

okienurse said...

Awesome idea Kay! I love the plate and it will be so cool to use on fun occasions! WTG! great idea. Think I will pin your plate!

Neesie said...

What a brilliant idea...it looks stunning Kay.
You clever bunny! :D

Craftychris said...

I love it! What a fab idea - I am seeing a yummy cupcakes! xx

Michelle Webb said...

What a fab idea Kay! This worked out so well, good for you and your ideas. Those macaroons look like they need eating...mmmmmm do you need any help? ....Michelle x

Di said...

See you soon Kay :) Whoop, whoop! :)) Hugs, Di xx

May said...

What a fabulous idea Kay... I adore it x x I got your fabulous generous parcel today. Love, Love, Love it all x x x Thank you so much Hugs May x x x

MaryH said...

This is such a cool looking piece. I love anything vintage, and your creation fits just the ticket. Used to collect old plates, and what a way to display. You could dispaly all manner of things on this one. Hugs.

toni said...

Great work Kay, Pinterest is addictive and when you put those ideas into practice and end up with a lovely creation such as this its worth spending the time xx