Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dog Day Afternoon

A few weeks ago was the Fiestas in Santa Fe.  That's the Saturday that I met Di from Pixie's Crafty Workshop and Len on the Plaza.  There was lots of activities:  food booths, native americans selling their wares, arts and crafts venders, and yes, dogs.  Earlier that morning there was a Pet Parade.  I didn't get down early enough to watch but I did see several very interesting pups.
Yes, this is the front end.  Hello Rasta dog
No, mom, the hot dogs are THIS way
Then we had the poor working class
This vendor is VERY creative.  He was selling hats for dogs.  He had four of his own rescue dogs working the booth.  I saw a woman lean over to pet one of the dogs and he (the dog) wasn't happy about it - as the sign says, please don't pet us while we're working!
This guy was my favorite.  I got this great photo because his owner came around the table and stood next to me.  He followed that guy like a hawk!  Oh, but he had treats in his pocket.

It was a fun day.  I thought I had more photos of dogs but I guess I was too busy petting!

I hope your weekend was wonderful.  I've been doing a bit of organizing -- and looking for my glue gun sticks.  I wonder where they could be........  back to organizing!

Peace,
Kay

11 comments:

Annie said...

Hehehe hats for dogs? Can't see ours wearing those :-)
We had the twins birthday party yesterday...pics on my blog if you'd like to share.
Hugs,
A x

SandeeNC said...

How fun, that first dog looked like a mop, and the dog pulling on the leash looked like a spoiled kid wanting his way! lol And some people just don't read signs, good thing she didn't get bit, maybe the dogs were in a bad mood cause they were forced to wear the hats! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Hats for dogs..there is no end to accessorising!! How fun, and a nice way top off a good day!

May said...

Love it!!! the last wee dog is sooooo cute.. and the first one my word how does she/he see Yikes!!!! Great post made me smile.. Lovely Hugs May x x x

Di said...

Wasn't this such fun Kay! I did wonder if the silly woman who put her hand out to pet the dog actually thought it wasn't real?! You got some great photos!

It's rained hard all day here, I think we might need to get the canoes ready :(

Have a good week! Hugs, Di xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ha ha Kay it is just amazing the personality in a dog - love the one who wanted the hot dogs but frankly as have dogs all around me am glad I dont own one.. look see pat of ok and say hi suits me just fine!
Thanks so much for popping over and leaving me a hi!! you made my day :D Shaz in oz.x

Redanne said...

Hi Kay, what a lovely post, I looove that rasta dog, he is adorable even if I can't tell the back from the front.....love the hats too. A x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe it's been this long since I stopped by for a visit, and what a pleasant surprise it was, too. I enjoyed every photo. You did a marvelous job. Had it been me, all I'd have gotten was a blur. It looks like you had a fun time taking photos of some willing and not so willing subjects. I loved the one of the dog biting on his/her leash. Of course, the dogs with the hats were the BEST. They all spoke to me and I applaud anyone who owns a rescue dog.

Maybe I should get Bleubeard a hat. I've been told he's about the size of a small dog, and is much larger than my neighbor's chihuahua.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee, the working class dog. I like the dog who was trying to take over his own leash. We used to have a guy whose dog would follow him everywhere so to comply with leash laws he'd put the leash on and the dog would hold it in his mouth.

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was a blast!! I would have had a very hard time not petting those cuties!!

Unknown said...

Completely adorable especially the dog with long hairs. I also have the same dog and sometimes he go crazy due to his long hairs so I always use Large Dog Harness for him to control him. I am going to take him for a hair cut very soon.