Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkins Galore!

I've been busy.  I'm in the process of trying to get my little condo in order to put on the market.  I also have the Arts and Crafts Fair next Saturday.  Yikes.  I'll be posting photos of my booth next weekend.  I decided not to do a dry run -- hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.......... haaaa

I needed a break from the chaos.  The town had lots of fun activities for kids.  There was a pumpkin "bob" at the local swimming pool.  Kids would swim out to collect their pumpkins.  Then off to the carving frenzy.    The pumpkins were set up around 4:00 p.m. so I went to see what kind of carving I could find.  Oh wow.  Lots of fun stuff!
My friends Susie and  Sydnee carved some pumpkins.
Sydnee (in photo) carved the one on the right.


Can you believe this cute little girl carved the throwing up pumpkin!





I didn't make it back to the pumpkin glow.  I can just imagine how great it looked!

I hope you all have a great Halloween filled with ghouls and gobblins!

Peace,
Kay

6 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kay, Those kids are so talented. I'll bet their pumpkins looked very cool all glowing after dark.

I would hate to be told to clear my house. We have lived here almost 30 years and who knows what we might find. Has anyone found Jimmy Hoffa yet? . . . Like I said, who knows what we might find, LOL
Sounds like you are planning a move. That will be a new adventure:)
Take care of yourself and I'll see you when you get time again for blogging.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

May said...

WOW, These are works of art these kids are super talented!!! Lots of luck next weekend with your crafty sale... I am sure you will have nothing to worry about... Enjoy & take care!! Hugs May x x x

scrappymo! said...

Oh Kay, I hope you have a wonderful crafty sale...Did you receive your envelope yet? I think it was mailed really late...later than I had thought:( but hopefully is there by now.

I did not know you were listing...Here's to a quick sale at the price you would like...or maybe a bidding war!!!
Staging is the key to a quick sale. I've sold a townhouse in 4 hours, a house in 3 days and an apartment in a week. The staging is fun too!!!

Di said...

Fabulous pumpkins Kay! Wish I could have been there :(

I got your email and will reply ASAP - good luck with the sale(s) - both house and craft :)


Hugs, Di xx

SandeeNC said...

Those kids did a fabulous job with their carving skills! I barked out in laughter with the throwing up pumpkin, been seeing those on Pinterest so I guess they are really popular this year! They still gross me out! LOL Wasn't that pool water COLD? yikes! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun afternoon you had! We picked our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch previously and tonight plan to carve them. I am thinking a few round holes will call it good, nothing elaborate. I can't get too enthused about Halloween this year. Apparently it is H'ween sock day at work so my ankles have been accosted several times already. Not playing along! Leave me alone! EEK! Ankle harassment! Good luck on the craft sale and the condo sale!