Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hello Fresh Food Delivery Service -- Win Win!

For a single person that usually has wasted food in the refrigerator and is too tired to cook dinner after a day of work, Hello Fresh is the perfect fix!  This is the first meal that I've made and it was so good and tasty and actually fun to make!  So much fun that Muffin laid in the kitchen watching me - every step of the way!

Hello Fresh is a home food delivery service.  A friend of mine gave me a coupon for Hello Fresh for Christmas.  It's interesting because I had been thinking of trying one of the several services available.  Talk about a perfect gift!  You have an option of how many meals and for how many people.  Since I had a coupon I took advantage of the full amount and ordered five meals for two.  I'll have enough for lunch the next day or might even try freezing a meal after it's been prepared.  It also takes me out of my rut in making the same thing.  I wouldn't have thought of making this and I can say that I will look forward to making it again.  The recipe card gives you all the ingredients and amounts.  It also tells you how much you'll need for two and four portions.  If I want to make this for guests I can go to the store and get only what I need.  Perfect!

Nice, fresh ingredients dropped off at your doorstep!.  Everything is measured out for you.  Here you see the ground pork, fresh green beans, red pepper, garlic, shallots and mint.  Also included was soy sauce and ginger.  Basmati rice is also included.
First I started the basmati rice.  For the portion I had it took about 20 minutes to cook.  Then you saute the fresh green beans and the red pepper until they are a little brown but not limp.  The instructions were very simple and I really enjoyed making this meal.
The next step was to remove the veggies from the pan and put the shallots and ginger in.  Slightly brown these then add the ground pork.
Add the veggies back to the pan for the final step.  Add the soy sauce and honey.
 
Put the basmati rice at the bottom of the bowl and add the veggies on top.  Time to eat! 
Oh my, nice, fresh ingredients and leftovers!  

Peace,
Kay
 

4 comments:

Glenda said...

YUM!

Anne said...

Looks delicious! Good to see you blogging again. Anne x

Di said...

What a great idea Kay - and it looks absolutely delicious as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Connie said...

What a wonderful gift for a new home owner and what a sweet friend for giving it. Fresh is always best, that's what I love about eating out of the garden in the summer. Do you have room for a light-box in your craft room. Come check out my latest project and thrift store find :)
Happy Sunday!
Connie :)