Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Smiles

Hello peeps.  I'm joining in with Annie at A Stitch In Time.   I hope everyone has had a great and creative week.   It's been hot here so I've taken a break from knitting.  The wool is almost felting as I knit!

My Friday Smiles this week aren't really from this week.  A few weeks ago I celebrated another birthday.  This translates into a year closer to retirement!  Nikki from Graphix and Design  and I share the same birthday.  She's been so very generous and I've been lacking.  This year she sent me an extra WOYWW ATC that she made and this beautiful colored card. 
She also sent me this hand beaded mandala.  Isn't is gorgeous.  I think I might string it on some fishing wire and hang in front of my bedroom window.  Then I'll see it every morning when I wake.

 Last year I was really spoiled.  She sent me a painting she created and it goes so well with my decor.  I have it in my living room so everyone that visits can enjoy it.  Isn't it funny that the colors in her painting match my wall color so well!


I also received a very sweet card from Darnell!  You can visit her HERE.
Inside she inquired about my retirement.  I just might have a date - July, 2018.  YAY. 
Special thanks to these wonderful ladies!  They definitely have brought many smiles to my face.  I still have the cards on my mantle!!

Peace,
Kay

13 comments:

Annie said...

Happy belated birthday Kay. I can see why you're smiling. Isn't it lovely to have such special blogging friends?
Have a great week.
Hugs
Annie x

Nikki said...

Hi Kay
Glad it arrived to you safely and Darnell is wonderful I got a card too.
Wow that painting does match your walls really good. My theory is then I painted it for you I just didn't know it at the time till I sent it to you. I'm so glad you like the pendant too

I don't know what to say about canada post the want to strike they don't management wants to lock them out they might they might not its a poorly written soap opera lol. Oh well now waiting on this upcoming Monday to find out. Will keep you posted on the post lol
Hugs Nikki

Darnell said...

Thank you for the shoutout, Kay! I cringe to see my boo-boo and then I laugh! Nikki's gifts are outstanding! It gives me goose bumps that her beautiful painting was MEANT to live in your home! Congratulations on setting a date for retirement! The way the months are swooshing by, it will be here before you know it! Then you'll wonder how you ever had time to work!! Lots of hugs, Darnell

Connie said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!
Your birthday sister is very talented . . .
how fun to share a birthday:)

Neet said...

Hi Kay, lovely to see you here again and first and foremost, congratulations on getting a date for your retirement. Secondly WOW, what a lovely gift you got from Nikki, the talented one. I love looking at her graphics and I remember seeing the lady on your birthday card and thinking how fab she was.
Many Happy Belated Birthday Wishes.
Hugs, Neet xx

Nikki said...

Yah so they are not going to strike for a month at least mail away.... I'm going shopping lol

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Kay and best wishes are never to late for a birthday... and you've been spoilt - gorgeous cards and love the mandala. Have a wonderful weekend Cheers Robyn

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kay, thanks for the visit to mine. Nikki is such a generous lady and very talented. I took early retirement from teaching and everyone said I'd be bored.... well I can tell you I don't have time to be Lol! You will love it. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela xXx

Craftychris said...

Happy belated birthday! What wonderful cards and pressi's! I can see why you are smiling! xxx

Glenda said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm so sorry I slept through your wonderful day! Hope it was one filled with great joy!

mamapez5 said...

Sorry I am so late visiting. The weekend was hectic. A very happy, if somewhat belated, birthday. Your cards are lovely as is the painting. And I love the beaded mandala. I wish my fingers were still nimble enough to try something like that. Kate x

Fran said...

Really pretty cards.

okienurse said...

Very nice cards/atc/mandala. I get so wound (sp) up in stuff I end up missing dates I need to remember. My autoimmunes are a real pain on good days and contribute a lot of confusion in my life. It was good to hear from you on my WOYWW post today! Vickie