Sunday, October 30, 2011

Getting Ready for the Craft Fair

I thought I'd be able to post this mid-week but life got in the way.  I've been busy knitting, making cards and building flowers out of buttons.  I'm in an arts and crafts fair Saturday, November 5.  If you're local it will be at the Crossroads Church (right next to East Park Pool).  Three of my friends will also be selling and we've asked for booths next to eachother.  It'll be a great day amongst other crafty people.

My cards are basic with very little fancy embellishments.  I've seen some cards that I just wonder how they fit into an envelope and go through the mail.  If you have hints on this please share!







Add to the mix my colorful clothes pins.  I just love these things.  I was playing with them last night and was just smiling away.


I've decided that I really love the dish/face cloths knitted in seed stitch.  I'm using size 8 needles so they are a little tighter than the ones that I knitted in garter stitch using size 9 needles.  I'm planning to sell the seed stitch cloths in sets of three and the garter stitch ones individually.  I wonder which  ones will be more popular?!?







The button bouquets are coming together nicely.  I've sold these in the past and everyone is drawn to the bright colors.  I hope they are a hit this year.  They add just the right touch of whimsy to a room.





Button bouquets in progress.
My planned display may not work.  I need to find a way to weigh down the stands (you can see the stand in the clothes pins photo) so they don't tip over.  I set up the cards on the stand today and it looked great so would really like to use them.  I may just buy some bags of beans and quickly stitch up some oblong strips to put on the bottom.  Or I might just buy a small board and spray paint it turquoise and nail it in when I set up the morning of the fair.

Luckily I'm off tomorrow so will experiment a bit. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I really do appreciate you giving this new blogger a chance to succeed!!!






3 comments:

Di said...

Great stuff! So funny, I'd be there supporting you like a shot if I could. Everything looks great and really colourful, I'd buy at least one of evertyhing and the dishcloths/facecloths look simply beautiful tied with raffia. Hope it goes well for you - and most of all that you have a fun day! That email will arrive, I promise! Di xx

Rebekah said...

Wow, looks fun! Good luck!

Valerie said...

Hello there! Those seed stitch dish cloths are lovely. Something I would buy if I came across at a craft fair. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment :o)
Have a great day!
x, Val