Wednesday, March 20, 2019

WOYWW More Journals!

Hi all.  I'm so proud of myself!!  I've joined in with WOYWW for three weeks now.  I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.  I haven't taken the time to research Blogger but I'll get there.

I'm joining in with What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Happy crafters share their desks and what they are working on.  To visit others,  join in or find out more detail about this go HERE

I got an invitation to participate in an Arts and Crafts Fair on April 27.  I'm really looking forward to this as I'm the only one (right now) that creates handmade journals.  I'll share more in a separate post.

Here's what my desk looks like:
The rose paper is Anna Griffin.  I love her papers and can usually find them on sale at JoAnn's.  I'll use that piece to cover the front of the gutted book.  The ink pad is my Go To Tim Holtz.  I use it around the edge of the papers to give them that vintage look.  There's a jar of postage stamps, mostly old.

 This is the roll cart closest to my desk.  It has my ink pads, binding supplies, punches and several drawers of paper scraps and vintage graph and music paper.  Someone asked about these carts a few weeks ago.  I got them from Amazon and love them.  They fit 12x12 paper pads and are pretty sturdy.  I didn't have them in the condo so they are new(ish).
Two journals that I've finished.  I'm happy with both of them.  I'll post  my process of reinforcing the old, brittle spines and sewing in the signature Friday.

As always, I'll visit those that end in the same number as me and those that visit me.  Please leave a comment so I know to come calling!  I hope you all have a wonderful day and have a great day crafting!!

Kay


15 comments:

Glenda said...

It's nice to have time to stop by and visit for a bit! I can't wait to see your journals and just know they will be lovely! Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your storage, very useful and that rose paper too. Hope we get to see more of the journals. Wishing you a happy week and a lovely woyww, Angela x11x

Helen said...

Good luck with the fair - I love my journals, although I only fill them, don't make them from scratch. Love that storage unit Helen #3

Connie said...

Kay your journals are beautiful!
Thank you again for your prayers.
God bless you,
Connie :)

Caro said...

Good luck with the fair - those journals are great. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

Anne said...

Hi Kay. Great that you made it again! Love that paper! Hope the Fair goes well when the time comes. I'm supposed to do one on on 6th April but fear it's not been very well organised so am in two minds. Anne X #14 p

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I have to admit to not being into journalling, but I love what you have done with those old books. Hope your fair goes well. xxx Maggie #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love your journals Kay! They look great and I hope the fair goes well. That storage system is great, I bet you use it all the time. The little chest of drawers on my table is the best thing ever!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck with the arts and crafts fair Kay. The journals look great and I am sure they will be popular. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kay, love the journals. That drawers look so useful, I have some similar under the countertop behind my desk. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your journals look fabulous Kay, I will have to remember to pop back and take a closer look. I'm running late again & sleep pattern all over the place this week. The Arts & Craft's Fare sounds like lots of creative fun & discovery will be had by all.
Happy WoywW Tracey #7

Lisa Resnick said...



Very nice post. Thanks for sharing with us.
clipping path

SmartCric live said...

PTV Sports is a Pakistan Sports TV Channel which telecast all cricket matches live online, PTV Sports Live TV. Through Live Streaming PTV Sports you can watch Cricket tournaments Like Asia Cup 2020, Pakistan Super League, PSL 2019 & ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
SmartCric live Online Match

ccl6t said...

Get the Today Match Prediction of the World Cup 2019, IPL, BPL, BBL, PSL, CSA, Momentum Cup and many more. Dream11 Prediction, Halaplay Prediction, Cricfrogprediction, Who will Win, etc. here.
World Cup Prediction

guajira said...

What can you remove using a Reverse Osmosis filter?
Woodworking Plans
Diy Furniture
Diy Pallet
Woodwork
Tattoo Designs
Tattoo Ideas
Astrology Reading
Web Tasarım