Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Smiles

Hello everyone!  It's another great Friday.  I'm joining in with Annie for Friday Smiles.  To join in or see what others are smiling about click  HERE .

I can't believe what I'm doing!  I'm looking at cars.  Whhhaaattt?  Yes, I'm retiring and the best gift just might be this little darling.  I can't wipe the smile off my face.
Confession.  I've had one of these before.  Then I decided that I needed to be more mature and buy a Honda CRV.  More practical, I told myself.  But I just can't get the Bug out of my system!  I'll let you know what I decide to do.

My dad has his knee replaced on Monday.  Yesterday I stayed with him and he's doing remarkably well.  Can you believe he's 80 and will be 81 in October!!
Another smile I had this week was when I spotted a rabbit in my yard.  I also saw a deer drinking from my pond but I didn't get a picture of that.  I wish I had....
 One of my hollyhocks bloomed.  I love the color.
That's my smiles for the week.  Please go visit Annie and others to see what brought smiles to their faces.

Peace,
Kay
 

9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kay, before I forget the pond flowers are just water lilies. I have white and yellow but they are available in other colours too. Your dad will be fine, my mum had her knee done some time ago and it has been brilliant. You go for the car! I let my hubby drive the Honda CRV if that's what he wants but I will continue to have fun in my MG until I can no longer get in and out of it Lol! Have a great weekend, Angela XxX

Annie said...

Wishing your dad all he success I had with my new knee....12 years ago 😀 I really love the car....it looks like the perfect car for having fun in when you retire.....enjoy. Just home from the craft fair .....I sold nothing at all but managed to hand out a few fliers and hopefully I will get a few new customers from that.
Hope you gave a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Oh a Little Beetle! They are great! I have never actually had one but they are so cool.
Personally my dream car is a Honda CRV. My sister has one and she might sell it on to me when she is going to upgrade, but that might be a long way off...sigh.
I will be interested to know what you eventually choose.
The animals are cute and your dad is even cuter! Give him my best wishes. I'm glad he is doing so well.
Have a good week and keep smiling!
Lisca

Glenda said...

Love the car, so happy your Dad is doing well and what a cute little rabbit! I too am smiling!

mamapez5 said...

My son has a soft spot for 'beetles' and he had a red one. I love the wild life in your garden, and hollyhocks always make me smile.
I hope you dad makes a full recovery soon. He certainly looks very well for 80. Kate x

Connie said...

Hi Kay, your hollyhock's color is gorgeous, your Dad looks great for 80 and if you want a little VW convertible then you should get one . . . life is too short to not do the things that make you happy . . . so if you have the budget for one, then I say go for it. It will make your retirement that much more fun.
Keep Smiling . . . you are on the count-down now!
Connie :)

Di said...

Go for the Beetle kid! I remember how you spoke about loving them when Len and I were with you in NM .....do it NOW! Great news about our Dad's knee op. - hope he makes a super fast recovery.

Love and hugs

Di xx

Craftychris said...

I think go for the Beetle - definitely have fun! I am glad your Dad is doing well after his operation - he is looking fabulous! xxx

Nikki said...

Hey Kay you seemlije a beetle girl and the new ones all have a place for a flower too . Wow your package arrived quickly nothing has show up here but we've had a bunch of days where we had no mail or delays with postoffice it seems everything cost so much to send and now they are takingredients their sweet times will let you know when it arrives and I'm glad you like your gifts hugs Nikki