Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Smiles

Hello everyone!  It's a lovely Friday here.   I thought I'd join Annie for Friday Smiles.  To join in or see what others are smiling about click  HERE.

I have thirty one more days to work before my retirement!  I am so excited and a little scared.  I can't wait to have more time to do the things I enjoy.  Not working for the man anymore!
My new favorite mug.
I may have not mentioned that I took a sewing class.  I've had a machine for years and never brought it out!  I forced myself to do just that by taking a beginner class.  We made these pillowcases called Burrito Pillowcase.  It was so much fun.

I loved this fabric.  As you can see I was very proud!!
My first pillowcase!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I'm hoping to start blogging on a regular basis - and hopefully keep it up this time.

Peace,
Kay

6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm smiling for you Kay. I wish you lived closer....you could join me for sewing fun. A week after you've retired you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work. All the very best in the next stage of life.
Hugs,
Annie x

Glenda said...

My sewing skills are long gone these days. Long ago, I used to make all my clothes....now I do well to hem a pair of slacks! keep going and your skills will get better all the time!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kay, the only thing you need to be afraid of when you retire is not having enough time to do everything Lol! I took early retirement from teaching which has been great as I have had time to spend with my mum who is now 89 but I just don't know where the time goes but it's great! Gym three mornings a week. Visiting my mum, one full day at least. Food shopping one morning a week. Gardening at least once a week including pond maintenance. Dog walking, every day. Crafting... all the time! Everything else like housework, helping the neighbours and time out just works round the rest. I'm sure you get the idea. You will love it! Look forward to seeing more of your sewing. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Connie said...

Double congrats!! Your pillow case is sew pretty . . . love the fabric :)
Thirty-one more days "SWEET".
Have a lovely weekend.
Connie :)

Lisca said...

Oh well done you!! What an achievement to sew something pretty.
Congratulations on your retirement. You'll love it, but I must warn you that you constantly run out of time to do things. I have to make to-do lists otherwise necessary stuff just does not get done, I'm so busy.
Enjoy!
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Enjoy your retirement. If you are anything like me, you will end up more busy than when you were working, but at least I am busy doing what I choose to do.
Well done on the sewing class and making such a pretty pillow case.
Hugs Kate x