Sunday, February 17, 2013

Felted Case

I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Robin.  I hope you enjoy my little blog.  Thank you so much for joining in the fun!

I decided I needed a cute little felted case for my cute little camera.  A friend of mine found a pattern for me but I decided I'd rather just experiment.  After all, it should be pretty straight forward, right?


I used 100% wool yarn and size 10 needles.  CO 40 stitches.  Knit every row and then sew up the bottom and the side.  Since I was going to felt it (wash the wool in hot water so it'll shrink and become more of a fabric) I didn't mind having a seam.

Before felting

That's my Droid phone to give you an idea of the size
Overall I'm happy with how it came out.  I washed it again (oops, forgot to take a photo) so it shrank a bit more but still works great.  I gave it to a good friend and now I'm making another one for a different friend.  I might even make one for my phone!

Peace,
Kay


7 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Cute phone case, love the colors of the yarn. Hope you had a good time at the movies, let me know if it was any good. It actually snowed a tiny bit last night, but it's already melted! :( waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Connie said...

Hi Kay, I love your yarn . . . that is a mix of some of my favorite colors. It really looks much softer after your process. Very pretty:)

I love the comment you left on my blog . . . it's a good day when you feel like painting your toe nails. Spring is on the way :)
There is a magic about looking through the lens of a camera, you start seeing more beauty in ordinary objects. It's a great tool to help us open up to the magnificent world around us :)
Have a wonderful day.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Anonymous said...

such a great idea, I was just thinking of doing this for my mp3 player, I don't have a phone, I'm so far behind the times, lol,

Craftychris said...

Cool idea! Love the colours. You should definitely make one for your own phone! xx

Smalltowngiggles said...

Love the colors. Very pretty.

Jackie said...

Love your canvas with the birds
The bird on the left doesn't stand out as much your right not sure that's a problem though!
Jackie 19

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Sorry to hear about Muffin. Those collars are such a pain too, especially when they connect with your leg. Have you tried putting Aloe Vera on Muffin's sore face? It will do no harm if he licks it off. xx Maggie