Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stamping and Coloring, Oh My!

This past weekend I broke out my stamps and paper.  Over the Labor Day weekend I had company visiting from Colorado so I put away all my craft supplies - now they are back out on the dining room table!  I keep thinking maybe I should convert my bedroom into my craft room and sleep on the hide-a-bed but so far I haven't had the guts to do it.  Then where would my company sleep?!?

This is a lovely poppy card that I started a while back.  I wasn't sure what to do with the background so I just stamped it with a script stamp using a Versamark pad.  It gives it a subtle design which I love.  I live near Georgia O'Keefe country and her poppies are so beautiful.  My little homage to her.


Next I worked on some Christmas cards.  The stamp set is from Stampin' Up and called Loads of Love.  I've had it for years and it's one of my all time favorites.  The bed is full of wrapped presents just waiting to be opened. I colored these while watching t.v.  No idle time for these hands!


And here's the finished product.  Just love old red trucks.  
Can you see the pile of stamps in the background?


I stamped a Charlie Brown Christmas tree on both sides of the words "Wishing you loads of holiday cheer! Merry Christmas!" with a Versamark stamp pad.  On the envelope I stamped the same tree in green.  It added just a touch of festivity to the envelope!

I got crazy with my tag hole punch and punched a bunch of designed paper last night.  I also used the scallop punch - I wonder what I'll do with them?  Stay tuned.  I'll be working on new projects this week.

Until then, thanks for checking in!  I'd like to hear from you, being a new blogger and all.  Do you have suggestions for me?  I know my photos need work.....  Ways to improve?






4 comments:

Anna said...

thank you for the comment on my blog. You said you had tried knitting socks before but the size one needles were too fiddly. I knit on size twos mostly and I have found where you can knit with heavier wool yarn to make footies to keep your feet warm in the winter with even heavier gague yarn and needles. If you were using the 4 straight needles there are other methods using two sets of circular needles or one circular with a very long cable. SO..... if you enjoy knitting try going to a LYS (local yarn store) to ask for help and give it another try. Beautiful cards you have made too.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you stopping by my blog:)I really like the seed stitch in knitting..but I crochet so much faster than knitting...although I do see a big difference in selling crocheted and knitted dish clothes..knitted ones sell so much faster...??

Blessings to you,

~~Renee

A Knitted Notebook

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Anna. I'll give socks another try with larger needles. I've heard of the two circular needles method but it looks confusing to my pea brain!
I like making cards - kind of like coloring back in kindergarten!

Renee,
I enjoyed my visit into your world! I'm making the dishcloths/facecloths for a craft fair the first part of November. Even though the seed stitch cloths take maybe three times as long for me to make I just like the look. I don't know how to crochet but hear how much faster it is. I love granny squares!!!

Kay

Peggy said...

So glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment! I love your poppy card and the subtle background is perfect. The stamping up set has always been a favorite of mine but I never bought it, lol!